June 6, 2010

Weekend at the ranch

Last weekend we headed to The Ranch. It had been a while since all of us were there together.

Neal worked on baseboards, and other trim pieces, while the dogs and I chilled out on the sofa and admired his work. I love our ceiling!

I perused the newspapers and the sales ads. Look at this...olives for $.99 and tuna for $.69 - what deals!
Because George is such a scaredy cat when it comes to loud noises, I had to stop reading periodically and comfort him when Neal used the nail gun.

Yes, I have my sunglasses on inside....it helps to disguise my makeup-less face!

Nadia and Captain required no comforting. They took their napping seriously and didn't let something like a silly nail gun or air compressor disturb them!

Later in the day, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed out for a walk.

The pups loved being able to explore The Ranch and our road, totally free of leashes and restrictions. We saw no cars, people or other critters - unless you count the birds! It was so relaxing and peaceful out on our little piece of paradise. It was also a bittersweet reminder that we must eventually return to the chaos of city life....for now.

Until we are able to turn our dreams into reality, we'll take whatever snipets of ranch time we can get...remembering to stop and enjoy the sights and smells of adventure along the way.

The End.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful day you had. You got stuff done, but still had time to relax and "de-stress". Fun shot of you and George. *Love* your tie-dye shirt!
Some day soon this will be your permanent home. Here's hoping your soon comes really, well, soon! :-)

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

What a great post! Isn't it nice to think of the "somedays"? Enjoy the here and now while preparing for that wonderful ranch.
-Staci

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got a piece of heaven on earth! Your dreams will become reality, I'm sure.

AJ-OAKS said...

You looked very comfy sitting there. How much longer before you get to actually move to your ranch?
I bet you have a countdown calendar going.
Great pics of the dogs enjoying themselves.

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Looks like the dogs really love The Ranch. Looks like a peaceful place to recharge.

Anonymous said...

that sounds so relaxing! and i love "the end" picture :)

Lilla said...

Danni...yeah, I was groovin' in my tie-dye shirt. It's one of my favorites!

Staci...patience is not one of my strong points. I want the somedays to be TODAY!

Justina...from your lips to God's ear!

AJ-OAKS...It was very comfy. I had a dog on either side of me! We don't have a definite move date set yet b/c there are so many factors to work through. But soon, I hope!

SVB...the dogs do love it at The Ranch. I think we all feel very much at peace out there.

Daune...very relaxing. I was wondering if anyone would catch that "the end" part!

Powered By Blogger