June 10, 2008

Pieces of Her in Me

...the way I sleep on my back with my arm crooked over my head

...a heart the size of Texas

...a belly laugh that infects those around me

...being organized, yet slightly bordering on packrat-ness

...my oh-so-transparent feelings

...uncontrollable singing outbursts, sometimes on key, sometimes off

...my love of cooking, and eating

...my creaking knees

...my well-endowedness

...an intense devotion to family

...tendencies of OCD regarding electronics and door locks

...cleaning before the housekeeper or pet sitter comes (in my case, the pet sitter!)

...being unafraid to stand up for my beliefs

...the way I pout when my feelings are hurt

...my aching back

...Southern hospitality

...my accurate memory

...attention to detail

...appreciation of a good nap


These are just some of the pieces of her that make up who I am. They are our connection, our link, our bond. They cannot be denied; they cannot be destroyed. They are reminders of why I am so grateful she was mine and I was hers.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger