December 10, 2011

'Tis the season

For many years, we used a grapevine wreath with artificial greenery and a red bow as our Christmas door decoration.  This year, I wanted something different, 
something more natural.  Plus, since our move, I am not even sure where the 
old grapevine wreath is!


I searched the Internet for live wreaths and was shocked at the prices 
(I don't get out much!).


I narrowed my search to my state, then more specifically to towns near me, and voila'! 


I found a newspaper article about a special ed class at one of the local high schools making live wreaths and sprays for a fundraising project.  And best of all, the prices were great!  I decided to go with a 3-foot long spray instead of a wreath. 
The price...a very affordable $10!

The spray was made with several types of pine branches, pine cones and a big red bow.  I love the spider web look of the top branches.  I love the natural, asymmetrical shape.  I love the smell of fresh pine. I love everything about it!  The spray by itself was lovely and festive, but Neal felt it needed a little something more.

It's hard to see details in the above photo, but the lights are actually chili peppers! We have just the one strand that we bought for our pop-up camper back in the day when we had a pop-up camper.  I think they add a perfect touch to our doorway, don't you? 

6 comments:

Neal said...

Look in the bottom left corner in the first photo...........C.C. is smelling Lilla's shadow!!! Tuna!!! Yeah!!!!

Razzberry Corner said...

Beautiful!!! I've seen local churches making wreathes and sprays, I'll have to look into it. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to find things after moving!!! :)

Morning Bray Farm said...

Perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!! your doorway is loverly!

cousin Arnetta said...

I love the greenery and natural accents, the spider web look of the top greenery is neat...
yes I had noticed the kitty and Lilla's shadow :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

Lilla said...

Merry Christmas, Daune!

Arnetta, nice to see you commenting. I've missed you! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Powered By Blogger