October 10, 2010

Multipurpose garden box

We had one remaining garden box with squash, zucchini and what was supposed to be cucumbers that had hung on longer than anything else. This weekend, it was time to pull up the dead and dying plants and pick up the box.  But before the box could be totally emptied and moved, the girls decided they wanted to take a nice, long dust bath...

Not being one to let silly chickens enjoy all the fun, Captain took a turn as soon as there was room!  Now, that's what I call a multipurpose garden box!

6 comments:

cousin Arnetta said...

I bet the girls enjoyed that better than a "day at the beach" :-)
What are you doing with your abundance of eggs ?

morningbrayfarm said...

Now, how wonderful is that? Captain and the girls sharing the box. What a happy family you have!

Duly Inspired said...

Nothing like an adorable opportunist!

Lilla said...

Arnetta, yes, they seemed to enjoy it immensely. As for the eggs, we are giving some away, eating a lot and sharing some with the dogs and chickens. And we save the shells, dry them, grind them, and feed them back to the chickens for extra calcium. Nothing goes to waste!

Justina, I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined seeing such cohesiveness at our house a year ago!

Alison, I don't think anyone has ever called Captain an opportunist before, but that name certainly fits him! Now, adorable....well, he gets called that all the time, and rightfully so!

PawPurrry said...

How adorable. Why is it that dogs love dust so much?

I took my girl, Suede, to a different dog park recently not realizing that the entire park was one big dust bowl...she decided that this was her opportunity to throw herself on her back and ground herself into the dust...my grey lady went home brown. UGH!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

My cats love my garden squares - they think they are giant sand boxes. Your picture is so cute.

Powered By Blogger