July 26, 2010

Wildflowers of the West

A couple of weeks ago, we took a guided wildflower hike in our country town, to help familiarize ourselves with some of the abundant flora in the area.  The weather was gorgeous, the company was enjoyable and the scenery was divine.  It's a good thing I took a notebook to write down all the flower names, because we took over 100 photos in just over three hours.  The actual distance we covered was not that great, but there were beautiful specimens everywhere we turned!

If my mother were alive, I know she would really love seeing these photos.  I hope you enjoy them too!

wild geranium

scarlet paintbrush

western shooting star

blue flax

black-eyed Susan

Lambert's locoweed

white yarrow
golden aster

Woods' rose

pine drops

senecio triangularis

green gentian

3 comments:

cousin Arnetta said...

They are beautiful ....
I love it that your pictures enlarge !

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved your flower photos. Thank you for sharing Lilla! :)

Lilla said...

Arnetta and Justina...glad you enjoyed them!

Powered By Blogger