February 8, 2010

Who Dat? Saints Dat!

I am really not a football fan, but when my home state team, the New Orleans Saints, made it to the playoffs, and then to the Superbowl, I couldn't help but become interested. I was excited and nervous all day yesterday and when game time was upon us, I sat transfixed in front of the television for over 3 hours. I watched those Saints bring home a never-before-held victory, and a mighty impressive victory it was. I beamed with pride for the team, the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. After all the devastation and loss in the past, they needed this....we, as a country, needed this.

All we had to do was Believe!

5 comments:

CottonLady said...

Congratulations on the win yesterday. I read your blog regularly, but I've not become comfortable until just recently of replying to blogs. I do enjoy your writings and I LOVE the pictures of the wild cats you had posted. A most handsome group they are.
Take care, Cotton Lady from west Texas

Lilla said...

Hi CottonLady...Thanks for the kind words! I am so glad you decided to make a comment. It's nice to know that other people out there are reading my blog. Feel free to comment again any time! Take care.

Cousin Arnetta said...

I have to admit I did watch the last quarter :-)
I'm not a football fan either, but got caught up in the excitement... and Yes !
we finally have something to be proud of that everyone else can see....

Susie said...

Who Dat!!

Ogden Kitchen Renovations said...

Good reead

Powered By Blogger