July 9, 2009

Honest Scrap


My blogging buddy, Penny, from Back to Basic Living has presented me with an award called Honest Scrap. I have no idea what that means, and I actually thought it said Honest Crap at first glance, which would make better sense! For the record, I hate these kinds of things and have been fortunate not to have been tagged before now (probably because there are only a handful of people reading my blog!). But, because I like Penny and I know she only has the best intentions, I've decided to play along...this time. So, here's how it works:

The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to yourself but it must be shared!

First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.

Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.

Third, Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given with this award.

Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them “The Honest Scrap’ award.

These are not necessarily 10 things that no one knows about me, but they are 10 things that people I've never met would not know. Here goes...

1. I have never had a broken bone.
2. I cannot seem to find a bra that fits properly.
3. I bite my fingernails.
4. I smoked cigarettes for many years and quit cold turkey over 10 years ago.
5. I have no tattoos or body piercings, other than my ears, which are double-pierced.
6. I went to Kenya 20 years ago and it was one of the most profound experiences of my life.
7. I have never had a job that I really loved and enjoyed going to every day. I envy people who have.
8. I am ambidextrous. I write with my left hand, but I use right-handed scissors, throw a ball with my right hand, and wear a watch on my left hand.
9. I did not have a cavity until I was 35 years old, at which time I had three!
10. I gave up eating red meat over 15 years ago after watching a documentary on the horrors of factory farming. I gradually stopped eating chicken and turkey and now only eat fish and seafood. And I do eat dairy products. I am what is referred to by some as a pescetarian.

So, there you have it. Mystery solved. You can now return to your regularly scheduled lives, except those of you whom I have chosen to tag with this award! Here is where I break the rules. I am only tagging 8 bloggers. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis, but I don't comment on all of them. With that in mind, I tried to come up with blogs that I have commented on where folks might know who I am and be more willing to participate. The lucky 8 are:

13 comments:

the7msn said...

Thanks for thinking of me for this award. I've run out of fun facts to 'fess up to, so how about if I just point you to this post?
http://www.the7msnranch.com/2008/12/too-much-information.html

(Somewhere in the depths of a cardboard box, I've got my own picture of two labs and a cat on a couch, almost exactly like the one you posted, feet up in the air and everything...)

Lilla said...

Linda, thanks for the link to your post. Those are some very fun and interesting facts about you!

I would love to see that picture of the two labs and a cat if you ever come across it.

Angie said...

I find leaving the USA and spending more than a week or two in a foreign place tends to have a more profound effect than people might realize. The best thing I ever did was spend part of a summer in Europe. Love your masthead. Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

frugalmom said...

That Penny....taggin us with this meme....one of my life goals is to travel outside of the country. I would love to see pics of your trip sometime. Im sure that they are beautiful.

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Aw, Frugalmom - I can feel the love all the way down to my bottom. Seriously. Oh wait, never mind. There was a shoe in my chair.

Lilla - thank you for sharing 10 things. You never had a cavity until you were 35 years old??? Amazing. And I'm gonna guess Neil doesn't eat meat other then fish either? I tried being a vegetarian once when I thought I should try to get all healthy and stuff. It lasted one whole week. It wasn't bad, except for the whole "no meat" part of it. ;-)

Oh, and I can relate to the not finding a bra that fits. But my problem is a little different. I couldn't find training bras in my size, so I just stopped wearing them all together.

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Oh Lilla - I forgot to mention that I do LOVE your new masthead. Beautiful flower! And I've got several more of those royal blue Colorado wildflowers blooming. They are just gorgeous.

Lilla said...

Angie, my trip to Kenya was very humbling and gratifying. It's amazing how visiting a third world country can really make you thankful for what you have! And the people there were so kind and gracious for what we think are such simple things. Thanks for the compliment on my masthead pic. It's a shot of some of the wildflowers on our country property that I have yet to identify.

Frugalmom, we will have to find a way to get back at Penny, yes? I do have a whole photo album of my trip with some truly amazing photos. One of these days I'll have to scan a few and write a post about them.

Penny, no cavities until age 35. I can thank my parents for taking me to the dentist regularly and making me use a fluoride rinse every day. Neal is not a vegetarian, but he doesn't eat a lot of red meat at home. He has found out that there is a whole other world out there besides hamburgers, steaks and bacon! As for the bra, you are correct we have different problems. I would love to go bra-less but I don't think the general public would be impressed! Thanks for the masthead compliment. No idea what the flower is, but I'm researching it. Glad to hear your little blue flowers are blooming.

Duly Inspired said...

Thank you for the award, even though like you I'm not sure what it means. I'd like to think it means there's some honest stuff in our words, and we're srappy? Not sure. I'll be responding next week, once the fundraiser is passed.

frugalmom said...

A way to get back at Penny? That sounds like a plan to me...and as I said in my 10 things...I LOVE a good plan!

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

OK, you two are starting to concern me. All I did was SHARE THE LOVE with you two! And look how much fun you both had sharing your 10 things!

And Lilla - I would love to see your travel pictures too and hear all about the trip. (And we wouldn't even have known about the trip if you hadn't listed 10 things!!!!)

Aunt Krissy said...

I came over from Penny's blog. I broke down and got fitted for a bra and bought some pricy ones. They fit and I love them.

Anonymous said...

that kind of sounds fun - i find memes surprisingly addictive :)

Lilla said...

Aunt Krissy, thanks for visiting my blog and making a comment. I was "supposedly" professionally fitted for a bra at JC Penneys, but that was a joke! Guess I'll have to keep looking...

Daune, I thought of including you in the meme, but I reminded myself that your blog is really about Jasper Lilith and I wasn't sure that would be appropriate. Feel free to play along if you like. I'd love to hear some factoids about YOU that no one else knows!

Powered By Blogger