My blogging buddy, Penny, from Back to Basic Living has presented me with an award called Honest Scrap. I have no idea what that means, and I actually thought it said Honest Crap at first glance, which would make better sense! For the record, I hate these kinds of things and have been fortunate not to have been tagged before now (probably because there are only a handful of people reading my blog!). But, because I like Penny and I know she only has the best intentions, I've decided to play along...this time. So, here's how it works:
The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to yourself but it must be shared!
First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
Third, Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given with this award.
Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them “The Honest Scrap’ award.
These are not necessarily 10 things that no one knows about me, but they are 10 things that people I've never met would not know. Here goes...
1. I have never had a broken bone.
2. I cannot seem to find a bra that fits properly.
3. I bite my fingernails.
4. I smoked cigarettes for many years and quit cold turkey over 10 years ago.
5. I have no tattoos or body piercings, other than my ears, which are double-pierced.
6. I went to Kenya 20 years ago and it was one of the most profound experiences of my life.
7. I have never had a job that I really loved and enjoyed going to every day. I envy people who have.
8. I am ambidextrous. I write with my left hand, but I use right-handed scissors, throw a ball with my right hand, and wear a watch on my left hand.
9. I did not have a cavity until I was 35 years old, at which time I had three!
10. I gave up eating red meat over 15 years ago after watching a documentary on the horrors of factory farming. I gradually stopped eating chicken and turkey and now only eat fish and seafood. And I do eat dairy products. I am what is referred to by some as a pescetarian.
So, there you have it. Mystery solved. You can now return to your regularly scheduled lives, except those of you whom I have chosen to tag with this award! Here is where I break the rules. I am only tagging 8 bloggers. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis, but I don't comment on all of them. With that in mind, I tried to come up with blogs that I have commented on where folks might know who I am and be more willing to participate. The lucky 8 are: