December 15, 2008

Why Buford Needs Tire Chains...A Picture Story

Push to the right...

Push to the left...

Stop for a pants adjustment...

C'mon Buford, work with me!

Heave...Ho...

And, off we go!

We went to our property over the weekend to check out The Shed That Neal Built and to try out a new blade attachment on Buford. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground and Buford just couldn't get enough traction to test out the new scooping blade sufficiently. Neal and Buford got stuck down in the valley, which I didn't realize until I heard some expletives coming from Neal's mouth, then I turned my attention to the activity. I had been focused on taking pictures of George and Captain as they ran wild and free through the snow and was also keeping watch for any roaming cows or deer. Neal had been playing with Buford and his new attachments, and had wandered quite a distance away from us. He was able to get Buford downhill without much trouble, but when it came time to head uphill, Buford protested. I watched as Neal pushed and shoved and grunted and cussed and pleaded with Buford to get moving. I kept telling myself I should go down and help him, but I was laughing so hard I could barely stand. Besides, I saw this as a perfect picture-taking opportunity for my blog! After taking what I thought were enough gut-busting pictures, I noticed that Neal and Buford were still at odds, so I went and gave them both a push and off they went. I guess you could say I saved the day! Ha!!!

On a more positive note, the shed looked great and survived the recent snows and high winds like a charm. Neal has just a few minor adjustments to make, like adding more insulation, touching up some paint and replacing a board that wasn't quite the right fit. The shed proved to be a nice shelter out of the wind and snow yesterday for me and the pups as Neal and Buford did their thing.




2 comments:

JOE and JANE said...

And you want us to move out there!!

Lilla said...

Sure, it's fun...not to mention BEAUTIFUL!

Powered By Blogger