April 12, 2008

Jumping on the Blogging Bandwagon

OK, so I've decided to join the world of bloggers. I resisted for a long time, but after reading so many interesting and inspiring blogs by others, mostly from folks I've never met, I decided to bite the bullet. My main reason for blogging is a way to channel my thoughts and experiences for my own benefit, but also as a way of sharing with family and friends the exciting and sometimes mundane happenings in our lives.

I've been racking my brain for a few days now about what to name my blog. I wanted something unique, something catchy, something easily remembered. I wrote down about 10 different options, but none of them "moved" me. While browsing another blog, I noticed a comment posted by someone named rhymeswith***. Then, it hit me - that would be a good way to identify my blog and identify myself at the same time. All of my life, my name has been an issue of confusion for most folks. I've been called Lila, Lillian, Lola, Lula, Lilith, just to name a few. I'm not exactly sure why it's so difficult. I know my name is uncommon, but it's actually pronounced exactly as it looks L-I-L-L-A.....just like vanilla! There are a few other rhyming examples I could have chosen such as gorilla, godzilla, chinchilla, but I like the affiliation with vanilla much better. So, there you have it. A new blog has been born. Hopefully, you won't forget its name or mine!

So, what does one post on her first blog? The answer to the meaning of life? The location of the fountain of youth? A secret family recipe? Or, how about this:




Captain D

No comments:

Powered By Blogger